Thursday, April 28, 2022

Show Me the Way

 


Show Me the Way – by Henri Nowen

Not much to say about this one. This was recommended to me as a devotional for Lent. I’ve never read anything by Nowen before. One of my favorite Christian authors, Catholic Priest Father Ron Rolheiser, quotes him quite often, so I thought it might be worth it to check Nowen out.

To be honest, this was a rather skimpy book, and I was hoping for a bit more bang for my buck for $9.99. This isn’t a slam against the author. I’m sure his other works are probably worth the hype that Rolheiser and others heap on him.

I read two different devotionals for Lent 2022, and this one was quite a bit shorter and didn’t have much of an impact on me as the other one.  The Kindle edition had a lot of printing errors as well.

I remember the points and illustrations being somewhat profound, I just thought they were a bit too short. I also can’t honestly remember any of them as I write this about one month later. Each day’s devotion consisted of a page or two along with a prayer. So it was definitely thin. I’ll reserve judgement, though, after reading one of his “bigger” books.

No comments:

Post a Comment